HOW TO: Configure Command Fusion for Snap AV DVR’s
June 13, 2012
Recently SnapAV released their wirepath DVR’s with integration into Control4. We here at the lab couldn’t wait to sink our teeth into it to reverse engineer the protocol and expand that integration into other products.
The first product we integrated the SnapAV Wirepath DVR into is the CommandFusion home automation software. CommandFusion is software designed and built in Australia for the iOS and android platforms for integration into pretty much any IP based system. We here at Recluse AV use it for integration into our Crestron home automation solutions or as a stand alone home automation system.
So lets get down to the nitty gritty. How do we integrate the SnapAV Wirepath DVR? First off we need the protocol.SnapAV Wirepath DVR protocol
|Authentication Type:||HTTP Basic Authentication|
|JPEG Camera parameters||camera=x (where x is the camera numbered between 1 and 16)|
|JPEG Resolution parameters||resolution=YYYxZZZ (160x120 or 320x240)|
|MJPEG Camera parameters||camera=x (where x is the camera numbered between 1 and 16)|
|MJPEG Resolution parameters||resolution=YYYxZZZ (320x240 or 640 x 480)|
We now need to test out this protocol on our computer to make sure it works.
- In your favourite web browser open type in the following. Substitute host for the ip address of the DVR or hostname. It will prompt you for the username and password.http://host/wps-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?camera=1&resolution=320x240
- If the image works then you have the right command to enter into command fusion.
- Open up CommandFusion guiDesigner.
- Start up a new project or open an existing project up.
- Add a new page or open up an existing page.
- In the toolbar select the Video Tool
- Draw out the window on your page.
- Add the URL we determined above into the Stream URL box.
- Select Video Format as MJPEG
- If you want the video to automatically start up select the Automatically Play box.
- If you want to change the width and height do so in this box (i highly recommend that you keep to a 4:3 aspect ratio to make sure the image is not distorted.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Type in the username nad password.
- Select HTTP Basic as the Auth Method.
- Click on ok
- Save your project.
- Click on File, Upload Service.
- Upload your project and test it out.
- Congratulations. You have now setup CommandFusion for SnapAV's wirepath DVR's!